Highlight then copy and paste this link into your browser now to take the Anti Bullying Survey
The Aim of Student Council in CCC SJ
The aim of the student council is to develop a firm partnership between the students, staff, parents and Board of Management of the school for the benefit of the entire school community. The council aims to support the ethos of the school by allowing the students’ opinions to be heard and by tackling the students’ issues and problems within and in relation to the school. The overall goal of the student council is to represent the views of the student body effectively and substantially, all the time working to reach consensus.
2016/2017 Student Council Representatives
Chairperson – Aimee Rickard
Vice-Chairperson – Jonah Colgan
Secretary – Luke O’Riordan
P.R. Person – Gina El Rafie
< The student council is made up of students from each year (excluding first years) who are elected by their peers. It is a legal obligation for every secondary school to have a student council. TOPICS DISCUSSED TO DATE:
- Student council constitution.
- CCTV cameras and the need for same. CCTV policy.
- Recess outdoor pursuits programme for 5th years.
- A number of students from the council attended the Comhairle Na nog annual forum. Sarah Murphy –De Brebeuf and Robert Fleming – Rodriguez were elected onto the Limerick Youth Council.
- Possibility of purchasing a microwave for the canteen.
- Canteen and shop review/survey done of same.
- Sixth year common room.
- Permission for sixth years to stay in central area at break time.
- Rent a book scheme and selling of second hand books in the school.
- Junior and senior girls’ toilets – policy regarding same.
- Lack of soap/toilet tissue in bathrooms.
- Curriculum requirements regarding RK and CSPE – request that CSPE will not be on a Wednesday or last class on Friday.
- Students were wondering where the past pupils Munster and Ireland jerseys were. (Used to be hanging in the central area.)
- Cyber bullying statement drawn up to be included in Bullying Policy.
- Cyber bullying poster competition.
- Cyber bullying information booklet given to CSPE teachers.
- Re-instatement of reward incentive for second and third year class groups who have received the least number of report cards in an academic year. (cinema trip)
*Items for the agenda to be given to your class rep when they visit or can be placed in the Student Council box in the library.
Full minutes and Principal’s responses can be obtained from your year reps.